Antonia M. Reina Quintero, Full-time Lecturer (Profesor Contratado Doctor)
E.T.S. Ingeniería Informática
Dpto. Lenguajes y Sistemas Informáticos
Avda. Reina Mercedes S/N, 41012 Sevilla (Spain)
- PhD (2011) in Software Engineering, University of Seville. Title: “Separación avanzada de conceptos en entornos web“. Supervisors: Jesús Torres Valderrama, Miguel Toro Bonilla.
- MSc (1998) in Computer Engineering from the University of Seville.
- Domain-specific modelling.
- Model-driven engineering.
- Advanced separation of concerns.
- Business process modelling.
- Web engineering.
International Collaborations / University of Cambridge
A recently emerging topic of research interest is the examination of hardware-based security mechanisms.
A technology of particular interest is the Morello Board released by ARM in 2022 in collaboration with the UKRI (UK Research and Innovation Council) within the context of the Digital Security by Design (DSbD) program. The Morello Board is an experimental prototype that resulted from the extension of the standard ISA offered by the ARMv8-A architecture, with additional instructions to support the cheri-capabilities – a set of instructions developed by researchers of the University of Cambridge to protect access to memory at low-level of granularity.
We are interested in conducting practical experiments to evaluate the strengths and limitations of the Morello Board and other hardware-based security technologies like Intel SGX, trust zone and Amazon Nitro. We aim to determine how they compare against each other and whether they obviate or complement traditional software-based security defences.